Friday, May 13, 2016

On Social Media - Microdetailing

Isn't it rapid how technology has changed our lives? From the world-wide web to instant messaging platforms to now, instant sharing platforms. Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter etc.

I always wondered as I scrolled through Facebook news feeds, on the purpose of what this person's post is. And I am very, very, enthusiastically interested in people who microdetail their lives.

It can be physical, literal things like:
Taking a bath.
Strolling along the park.
Going to sleep.

It can be something close to the heart:
Feeling lonely.
Missing someone.
Crying. (Ok.....)

Although I don't understand why people would want to take a selfie of themselves crying.. judgements aside. I'm taking a very objective approach on this post.

There is an increasing phenomenon of microdetailing people. If I could, I would study them. Yes almost everyone has moments you feel bored, and you just want to post and see who actually bothers reading your non-constructive posts. I do that. But the group I'm talking about are people who do it almost every single time they do something, or think about something.

It's really interesting to know what's actually behind their intentions and how does it help them mentally and emotionally. What do you think?

And, I'm sorry if this offends anyone. It's nothing new my posts offend people anyway.

No comments :

Post a Comment